A life update from the middle of the 'Rona apocalypse!

My fur baby, Abby.
My baby, Abby.

Guys.

I swear to everything good in this world that you're not imagining things. I'm actually posting an update. It will be short, sweet and probably nothing too interesting (especially if you're used to delicious recipes!), but I just didn't feel right essentially ghosting this blog forever. And COVID has been going on for almost 2 years and probably will continue on for a couple more at this rate, and an update never hurt anyone!

I'm not really planning to keep updating the blog, partly because it doesn't fit in with the things I have going on right now. I'm in a very different place in my life now. For one thing, I'm no longer vegan for a number of reasons, and I hardly create any new recipes anymore as a result. So that would make for a pretty boring vegan recipe blog, wouldn't you agree?!

What I'm currently doing with my life is being a small business owner. (It's called Tubby Tabby Soaps, if you're curious.) And OMG guys. When you have your own handmade business, folks show up for you! I've been pretty blessed over the past 3 years to do things I love and make beautiful products that people actually want to buy. Folks have been very supportive, and I honestly don't even know what to do with myself most of the time (other than pinch myself, mostly!). So naturally, that takes up most of my time these days, and while I do kind of miss my mid-20s, when I would create vegan recipes in my kitchen between grading my students' papers, I'm in a really different place now. 

I'm a cat mom now. I'm a wife now. I'm the owner of 2 small businesses and a really passionate educator and feminist killjoy. These things take up a ton of my time, and I'm not trying to say that I'm sorry for it—this is what I need to be doing. But what I am is grateful. I'm grateful that you've stopped by this tiny site and checked out a recipe here and there. I'm grateful that you're reading this post! And I really hope that this little corner of the web made your day just a little bit better. And if not, I hope the rest of your day is great anyway. :)

Sending all the love and hugs, and thank you for being a part of this little piece of my life!

Comments